There are many different ways to help diagnose sleeping disorders. Doctors can normally treat most of the disorders effectively once they have been correctly diagnosed.
Fact: Going to bed and waking up at the same time each day can improve your sleep.
Fact: Serious sleep disorders are linked to hypertension, increased stress hormone levels and an irregular heartbeat.
TIPS FOR HEALTHY SLEEP:
- Limit caffeine, nicotine and alcohol use (especially late afternoon)
- Exercise regularly for good sleep quality
- Avoid heavy, rich or fatty foods right before bedtime
- No electronic devices or screens in the bedroom
- Establish a regular and relaxing routine around bedtime (warm bath, read a book)
- Make sure your bedroom has a nice atmosphere (control temperature, dim lights, black out curtains)
- Maintain a healthy diet
The contents of this site are for informational purposes only and are meant to be discussed with your physician or other qualified health care professionals before being acted on. Never disregard any advice given to you by your doctor or other qualified health care professional. Always seek the advice of a physician or other licensed health care professional regarding any questions you have about your medical condition(s) and treatment(s). This site is not a substitute for medical advice.