Free Disability Claim Booklet
Receive Our Newsletter
Click Here
Free Online Consultation
No Fees Unless We Win
Click Here

What Can I Do If My Job Is Causing My Chronic Pain?

My forearms hurt from doing my job. My doctor says it could be tendonitis or carpal tunnel syndrome. My employer just thinks I’m a complainer who should take a pill. What can I do?
Disability Benefits - Question 121
The seriousness of the discomfort would determine what can be done. If the severity is so great that continuing in your current position is not possible, then a claim for disability benefits could be the only option. If your doctor feels that you can continue to work with the condition without causing further damage, then you should follow your doctor’s recommendations for treatment. If there are specific recommendations about how your work environment could be changed to accommodate your condition, then such recommendations should be expressed to your employer in the hope that this be taken seriously and that the employer provide assistance allowing you to continue performing your job.
Was your question answered? Yes or No

Other Similar Questions

I will undergo carpal tunnel operation. Can I apply for disability?

What if my own family doctor, who has known me for years, disagrees with the insurance company's medical specialist?

DISABILITY SECRETS: Learn What Your Insurance Company Is Hiding From You!


This searchable database contains information about disability, critical illness and life insurance claims, and what you can do if you are denied or cut off of your benefits. It is a collection of the most common questions we receive from our clients. General answers have been provided by our lawyers.