Free Disability Claim Booklet
Receive Our Newsletter
Click Here
Free Online Consultation
No Fees Unless We Win
Click Here

Can I Or My Family Members Sue For Pain and Suffering?

Can I, or my family members, sue for pain and suffering?
Motor Vehicle Accidents - Question 4
If you are seriously injured, you have the right to sue the person who was at-fault in the accident for pain and suffering. Any compensation that you receive for pain and suffering is subject to a $30,000.00 deductable* by the insurance company. It is very important to remember that any court action must be started within 2 years from the date of the accident. To be able to sue for pain and suffering, the injury must result in death, permanent serious disfigurement, or permanent serious impairment of an important physical, mental or psychological function. This is sometimes referred to as the "verbal threshold." In addition family members may sue for the loss of companionship, care and guidance they have suffered as a result of injuries to you under the Family Law Act. These claims are subject to a $15,000 deductible.
Was your question answered? Yes or No

Other Similar Questions

What is the base benefit amount under my loved one's accidental death and dismemberment policy?

Does it help if my family members have taken their own photos and videos that show my injured condition and depict my strivings to recover from the accident?

Is endometriosis a long-term disabling condition?

DISABILITY SECRETS: Learn What Your Insurance Company Is Hiding From You!


This searchable database contains information about disability, critical illness and life insurance claims, and what you can do if you are denied or cut off of your benefits. It is a collection of the most common questions we receive from our clients. General answers have been provided by our lawyers.