Free Disability Claim Booklet
Receive Our Newsletter
Click Here
Free Online Consultation
No Fees Unless We Win
Click Here

Ask A Disability Lawyer

My doctor has suggested that I take a holiday out of the country. Do I have to tell the insurance company and how will this affect my LTD claim?

Disability Benefits - Question 120
Generally speaking, you are required to tell your insurance company that you are leaving the country. If your doctor feels that you are well enough to travel then the insurance company should not have a problem with it. We do not suggest that you withhold this information from them. It is wise to get your doctor’s written approval prior to leaving the country. Keep in mind that by taking a vacation you may be putting your claim at risk.  Insurance companies often take the position that if you are well enough to travel, you must be well enough work. If you encounter difficulties in dealing with your disability insurance company because they have a problem with you travelling and further have cut off your benefits, you should not hesitate to contact us to discuss your options more fully.

Was your question answered? Yes or No

Other Similar Questions

Do I need a lawyer to handle my out-of-country medical insurance claim?

Does my health insurance policy cover me when I am out of the country?

Can I receive disability insurance benefits if my employer is paying me vacation, sick or holiday pay?

Simply enter a question or keyword (minimum 4 characters) in the “Ask a Question” box and a list of answers will be provided or you may view a list of popular disability claim law questions and answers.


Ask Share Lawyers

This searchable database contains information about disability, critical illness and life insurance claims, and what you can do if you are denied or cut off of your benefits. It is a collection of the most common questions we receive from our clients. General answers have been provided by our lawyers.

Here are some commonly asked questions to get you started:
My disability claim has been denied. Does that mean I am not eligible for benefits?

Do you live outside Toronto?

We are proud to serve clients in Ontario and across Canada, including the areas listed below. Our service is enhanced by our use of technology to communicate with speed and efficiency. We communicate with our clients in person and via telephone, email, fax, courier and computer.