Resources for Newcomer Services in British Columbia

Resources for Newcomer Services in British Columbia

British Columbia is one of the most diverse and multicultural provinces in Canada, with a large immigrant population from around the world. No matter where you come from, it can be tough making the transition to a new place. That’s why Share Lawyers has put together a list of resources that are there to help newcomers to British Columbia.

British Columbia Newcomer Services

WelcomeBC: (250) 952-6914 or 1-877-952-6914 (Toll Free)

BC Provincial Nominee Program: (604) 775-2227 (Voicemail Line)
WelcomeBC provides a wealth of resources and information for anyone looking to make the move to British Columbia and can help newcomers find housing, services, and employment. WelcomeBC also operates the BC PNP.

Immigrant Services Society of BC: (604) 684-2561
The ISSBC operates multiple welcome centres that are set up to provide services to BC immigrants.

Immigrant Employment Council of BC: (604) 629-5364
The Immigrant Employment Council helps place immigrants with employers and smooths the transition into the labour market.

WorkBC: (250) 952-6914 or 1-877-952-6914 (Toll Free)
WorkBC can help you navigate the BC job market and find employment. They also operate a network of WorkBC Service Centres.

BC Housing: (604) 433-2218 or 1-800-257-7756 (Toll Free)
BC Housing operates the Rental Assistance Program to provide cash to eligible low-income families to help them make rental payments.   

NewtoBC operates the Library Champions Project and maintains an extensive directory of immigrant services in British Columbia.

BC 2-1-1
BC 211 is a non-emergency information helpline that can provide assistance with a number of different topics.

Affiliation of Multicultural Societies and Service Agencies of BC (AMSSA): (604) 718-2780 or 1-888-355-5560
The AMSSA is a collection of organizations and individuals that provide a number of services for British Columbian immigrants and maintain a helpful list of housing resources.

Regional Services

MOSAIC: (604) 254-9626
Pacific Immigrant Resources Society: (604) 298-5888
Progressive Intercultural Community Services: (604) 596-7722
BC Francophone Immigration Programme: (604) 630-0316 or 1-877-492-2780 (Toll Free)
Collège Éducacentre (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada): (604) 708-5100
Collingwood Neighbourhood House: (604) 435-0323
Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House: (604) 251-1225
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House: 604-879-7104
Kiwassa Neighbourhood House: (604) 254-5401
Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House: (604) 879-8208
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House: (604) 324-6212
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House: (604) 736-3588
Settlement Orientation Services: (604) 255-1881

Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria: (250) 388-4728
Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Society: (250) 361-9433
Pathway to Canada: (778) 410-5174

Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society: (250) 753-6911

Abbotsford Community Services: (604) 859-7681
Abbotsford School District (English Language Learners): (604) 859-4891
City of Abbotsford

Pathway to Canada: (778) 484-1996
KCR Community Resources and Directory: (250) 763-8008 (ext. 130 for Immigrant Services)
South Okanagan Immigrant and Community Services: (250) 492-6299

Kamloops Cariboo Regional Immigrants Society: (778) 470-6101
South Okanagan Immigrant and Community Services: (250) 492-6299
Kamloops Multicultural Society

Prince George
Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society: (250) 562-2900 or 1-877-562-2977 (Toll Free)
Northern Immigration Services: (250) 563-1014
Move Up Prince George: (250) 561-7633

For all British Columbia newcomers looking to live, work, and thrive in British Columbia it’s important to know there are resources and services available to you.

Has your long-term disability claim been denied? Contact Share Lawyers and put our experience to work for you. We have recently settled cases against Standard Life, Desjardins, Manulife, RBC Insurance, Sun Life, and much more. We offer free consultations and there are no fees unless we win your case. Find out if you have a disability case.