When To Seek Legal Representation After A Motor Vehicle Accident

When To Seek Legal Representation After A Motor Vehicle Accident

Motor Vehicle Accident & Seeking Legal Representation

Did you suffer injuries in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver was at-fault? You may be wondering if and when you need a lawyer.

If your injuries are not getting better within 10-12 months after the accident, we can assess whether your injuries are serious enough to sue for economic losses, healthcare expenses and pain and suffering. To be able to sue for pain and suffering, the injury must result in death, permanent serious disfigurement, or permanent serious impairment of an important physical, mental or psychological function. This is sometimes referred to as the “verbal threshold”.

Another scenario that may require you to hire a lawyer is if your insurance company stops paying your accident benefits and you are still not able to return to work or perform your regular day-to-day activities. In this case, we may be able to help you pursue further benefits through dispute resolution or legal action.

We may also be able to help if you are entitled to receive disability benefits from an individual or group long-term disability policy and you are denied benefits or cut off.

For more information on your legal rights following a motor vehicle accident, contact the Financial Services Commission (Ontario) at 416-250-7250, or visit their website at www.fsco.gov.on.ca.

It is very important to remember that any court action must be started within 2 years from the date of the accident.

Contact Share Lawyers if you have any questions or concerns about your situation.

All initial consultations with our lawyers are free and there are no fees until we win your case.